At Intercom, we are always hiring driven, passionate people to join our team. Here are our newest team mates!
Michelle, Ashley & Bob
Our new Product Manager, Michelle Fitzpatrick, earned an MA in Management from UCD, and has been building on her management and product design experience ever since. Before Intercom, she worked as a Project Manager with Accenture, where she managed high profile projects and led development teams. Michelle also…
- Completed two diverse but equally exciting theses in school: one on an ironing board design, and one on financial regulation,
- Organized the first TEDx Smurfit event with speakers of Lovin’ Dublin, and Robin Blandford of D4H,
- Won the Maui onion eating competition as part of the short lived Irish Onion Eating Team!
Ashley Garrison, a San Jose native, joins Intercom as Office Manager in San Francisco. With a background in retail management, Ashley has been working hard to take care of us and our space. We’re happy to have her! A little more about Ashley:
- She has worked in retail for 10 years, part of which was spent managing an Abercrombie & Fitch store,
- She grew up in beautiful Monterey, California, and got a BA in Psychology from UC Merced,
- She’s a big fan of the San Francisco Giants!
Bob Long also joined us from Bragbet where he worked on APIs and services. He finished college last September, and has been working in startups since he was 17! Bob is also a big fan of functional programming, especially Lisp – you can see some of his work here. He’s already making significant contributions to our platform APIs and how we support mobile applications. More about Bob:
- He used to work as a sound engineer for a local experimental rock band,
- He previously worked at an assisted-living research group,
- He has represented Meath in inter-county quizzing.
Matt, Jee & Ming
Matt Hodges, our Director of Product Marketing, joins us from Atlassian, where he worked in product marketing for nearly 5 years! Matt set and executed the go-to-market strategy for Atlassian’s collaboration products, Confluence and HipChat. We’re thrilled to have Matt’s experience and drive on our team. More about Matt:
- He was born in Hong Kong, but is technically Australian – even though he didn’t move to Australia until age 12 – and now calls San Francisco home,
- He worked as a baker for six years, then sold Macs for three years before deciding to work in tech,
- He loves all things related to food, wine, and beer. He can make a mean beer can chicken with hand-made tortillas.
Jee Song joined us mid March as our fourth engineer on the customer success team. Jee is based in our San Francisco office, working alongside Sabrina & Nate. Despite only being with Intercom 2 weeks, already Jee has helped out over 150 customers, and had 3 commits to the codebase. Here’s some fun facts about Jee:
- He was born left handed, but didn’t find out until middle school while at a family gathering,
- He once got into a moped accident while in Vietnam resulting in second degree burns on the leg,
- Broke his nose as a baby while attempting a nose dive on a play saucer.
Ming Lu, our new Data Analyst, joins after relocating from the Washington DC area. While in DC, she built models to predict crop yields across the US using massive sets of data. With us, she’ll be focused on illuminating the many ways our customers interact with Intercom. We’re excited to have Ming take our interest and excitement for data to the next level. More about Ming:
- She has spent the past 1.5 years trading agricultural commodities — things like corn, lean hogs, and feeder cattle futures,
- One summer of college, she spent 8 weeks camping on the Kalahari Desert in Botswana doing field research for an eco-hydrology lab,
- She played competitive ultimate frisbee in college, and competed at nationals her senior year.
Interesting in Joining?
We’re hiring engineers, designers, product managers and many more in Dublin & San Francisco. Check out our open positions, and get in touch!